Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When In ROME!...‏

... do as the Romans do. But no matter, for now I live in ROME! I'm serving in where we call 'Rome 3'. If you look at the metropolis city of Rome like the face of a clock, the thirds divided up as 12 to 3 are one district, 7 to 12 is another, and I'm serving in the area of 3 to 7. Does that make sense? Good.
My blessed companion is Sorella Johnson from Heber Utah. Sorella Johnson is a compassionate and hardworking daughter of god. We love her. I have almost been here a week and i am mostly stuck in the language barrier. Everything else is great! The food is great the scenery is endless and the people are beautiful and friendly. I just need to speak Italian now! haha. We travel by subway and train and bus and by foot. The gelato is as great is everyone says.The elders are adorable and helpful. I’m learning the rules, and trying harder everyday to obey them. ;D
We technically live in the ghetto, but i love it. Our apartment is adorable like an Italian grandmother’s apartment. We visit investigators and their families or in their pizzeria's. We have a full schedule daily of visiting and teaching and finding and traveling and doing the lords work! A few days ago we visited Immacoletta (in English her name translates to: Immaculate :) she just returned home from the hospital. During the visit i hardly spoke because of my poor Italian, but i offered a prayer at the end, all of this is in Italian, for your correct imagination creation. During the middle of the prayer, she interrupted and said, 'Heal me! Heal me and tell the whole world about it!' it was awkward because of the timing, but really, it was hilarious. She also couldn't keep her eyes off my hair.
Being a missionary is fantastic!
Each day is an adventurous miracle and blessing.

Loves,
Sorella Whitney Linnea Nelson

1 comment: